Sunday, September 1, 2013

I've always loved the first day of September.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 241

      So much promise. So much to look forward to. Maybe it's just leftover memories of going back to school. A new school year. A fresh start. New classes. Fresh notebooks. And new pens. I love me a fresh notebook, and a new pen. LOVE. (Patty can attest to this...I can spend at least an hour looking through pens in pen aisles.) I love that September means that Fall is coming. It's my favorite. I love it like a kid loves Christmas. I just love Fall. I can't wait to get out in the cool air and crunch some leaves under my feet.

     This is my last week at home with both my babies. Next week, Adelyn starts school. I know I'm going to cry. I'm going to be one of those moms who lingers a little too long in the doorway. Snapping one too many pictures. One of those moms that the teacher basically has to shoo away. Oh well. I can't help it. I'm going to miss her so much. That said, I really will enjoy getting to spend some time alone with my boy a couple days a week. I can read to him uninterrupted. I can play with him uninterrupted. I'm excited. Being with Tobin uninterrupted will be a luxury. One that I haven't had since he was born last October.

     Thankful for the first day of September. Thankful for fresh pens and notebooks. Thankful for Fall. Thankful that Adelyn will soon embark on an exciting adventure. Preschool. And even though it will probably make me very sad to walk away and leave her there all day, I will be very happy to come home and play with my boy. Just me and him. We're in for some sweet times together.





No comments:

Post a Comment