Sunday, January 12, 2014

Aunt Jan's 60th Birthday. & A quiet day at home.

Project 365 * 4
Day 377

     I was so tired from all of the awesomeness yesterday, I didn't have time to really reflect on the day or post pictures. Yesterday was my Aunt Jan's 60th birthday celebration. And it was a really awesome day. I'm so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of people to call family. Our family loves to laugh. At every family gathering, there can be laughter heard all day long. There are many hugs. And stories told. I love how the men gather and talk about men stuff. And the women gather, and talk about women stuff. I love how the kids love each other. I love their energy. I love how beautiful they all are. I love that no matter how much time goes by, we pick up where we left off. I love how the little expressions of love speak the loudest. Little things like, "make yourself at home." Or the fact that Jen and Ryan ordered gluten free cupcakes for Addy. And then sent us home with the leftovers. I simply love family. And I love that our family loves each other. It's a rare thing these days. Thankful for the best family. I've always been proud to call myself an Otterstedt. It's a proud name for a proud reason. We're awesome. Is that too braggy? I don't care. I'll say it again, we're awesome.





































     Today was a quiet day spent at home. It was quiet and peaceful and simple. And perfect. Matt was off. So, it was just the four of us. Plus Roxy girl snoring away on the couch all day. It was wonderful to have a day all to ourselves. I also spent some time writing thank you cards today. There are so many people that have blessed us so tremendously over the last few weeks, I had to sit and write out some thank you notes. I love sending mail. And it's always nice to have something in the mailbox besides junk and bills. I know it doesn't seem like much, but sending notes in the mail is such a great way to show kindness. It's so simple and elementary, but simple things make the most difference sometimes. And, I got to send my thank you cards, and do something kind at the same time. Score.

     Thankful for so many things tonight. Thankful for family. For memories made with family. I'm thankful for this quiet day spent at home with my loves. I'm thankful for all the tickling, and cuddling, and laughter that went on here today. It was simple. Yet, perfect. Thankful for this sweet life.






No comments:

Post a Comment