Saturday, January 4, 2014

Patty.

Project 365 * 4
Day 369

     Patty. Just saying that name makes me feel at home. I would be utterly lost and hopeless without her. She has been my person since the day she was born. She was my first friend. My first great love. The first person that I looked at and thought, "I really can't live without this girl." She has been there for me through every circumstance. Small and big. Happy and sad. My triumphs are her triumphs. My sorrows are her sorrows. She is like my twin. Just born three years later. Just the other day, I told her, through tears, that if she ever moved away from me, it would be like someone chopped off my arms and legs and left me bleeding, to die alone. Dramatic? Perhaps. But, it's the truth.

     Of all the great people I know, Patty stands alone. She is in her own column of greatness. She reminds me time and again how to be a better person. Just by being her. Case in point, we got into a fight tonight. I mean, we really got into it. And what does she do? She takes all the blame, apologizes, and tells me that she loves me. Even though it was all my fault. Seriously, I'm in love with Patty. Not the romantic kind. I'm in the kind of love with her that makes me want to be a better person, because of her. Because she is just that great.

     To say that I'm thankful for Patty is an understatement. To say that I love her isn't big enough. I need new words to describe how great she is. I need new words to say that she's the best. I'm in love with Patty. That's a fact.










   

No comments:

Post a Comment