Monday, January 6, 2014

Sex and Cookie Bars.

Project 365 * 4
Day 371

     I'll be honest. The past couple of days around here...let's just say, it hasn't been a picnic. Fighting is the worst. It just sucks all the happy out of you. It leaves one feeling fuzzy, blah, and lonely. And that's how Matt and I have been feeling. Fuzzy. Blah. Lonely. Most people say the best part of making up is the make-up sex. And while I agree that make-up sex is awesome, it isn't as good as the making up itself. The affirmations of love for each other. The promises made to be better for each other. The holding. The kissing. The wiping dry of tears. My favorite part? The first joke afterwards. It happens every time. We fight. I cry. Matt holds me. We kiss and make up. And then he tells a joke. Just something to make me laugh. Tonight's joke was, "honey, thanks for not punching me in the face." To which I replied, "would you divorce me if I punched you in the face?" His reply is basically the very definition of who Matt is. He said, "of course not...I love you too much. But I hope I would score some major brownie points for taking a punch to the face...I would milk it for months for sex and cookie bars."

     Thankful tonight for my sweet love. Thankful that he's in it for the long haul. Thankful that he knows how to make everything better. Thankful that I can always count on him. And I'm thankful that I know, without even a shadow of a doubt, that he will never leave me. And that he will always love me. Our love is the kind of love Hollywood makes movies about. Our love is the kind of love writers write poetry about. Our love is the kind of love singers sing love songs about. Know why? Because it has been tested and tried. And our love is true.


   







   

No comments:

Post a Comment