Thursday, January 23, 2014

Grocery Store Dates

Project 365 * 4
Day 388

     So, Patty and I have come up with this great idea. It ensures that we never have to take our kids grocery shopping again. Any parents out there, you know what I'm talking about. Taking kids to the grocery store, even on a good day, is like running a marathon. It is so hard. So, we came up with a plan. Whenever I have to go grocery shopping, I'll just drop Adelyn and Tobin off at her house. And vice versa. This morning, we took it another step further. Even if Matt is off, I won't leave the kids with him. We'll still drop the kids off, and go to the store. Same for Patty and AJ. Not only does our plan ensure peaceful grocery shopping trips, it also ensures weekly dates with our husbands. I know going to the grocery store doesn't sound like much of a date, but when you have little ones in the house, just walking to the mailbox together could be a date. Time alone is precious. And it's hard to come by.

     I'm thankful for my grocery store date with Matt. We used to shop together all the time, and I miss it. Even though he still gets a little moody when we are in the "fruits and vegetables" section too long. Thankful for time spent with my love. No matter how short. Any time spent with him is a good time. Thankful that my sister and I came up with such a stellar plan. So simple, yet so genius at the same time. Thankful for another cold day spent inside with all my favorite people. Cozy days are the best days.



















No comments:

Post a Comment