Friday, January 3, 2014

Word Pictures from my Day.

Project 365 * 4
Day 368

1. Waking up at 9 am to a quiet house. It hadn't been a quiet night. I could hear Tobin breathing on the monitor. And Matt, Adelyn, and Roxy were snoring away. All cuddled together.

2. Watching Matt and Adelyn leave for their dada/daughter shopping date. She told me she was, "so excited!"

3. Playing chase with Tobin. It's his favorite game, and he will play it forever. That's what we did while Matt and Addy were gone. Chase. Chase. And more chase.

4. Watching Casey quietly eat his dinner as politely and well behaved as he could. He had a reason to. The cupcakes for Sophia's birthday party tomorrow were cooling on the table directly in front of him. He was thinking if he could just be the best behaved he's ever been, maybe, just maybe, he could score a cupcake after his dinner.

5. Watching Sophia reach for me. And wave to me. And kiss me. And smile at me.

6. Watching Casey watch a show in his mini recliner directly in front of the television. And then watching Tobin copy him as soon as got up.

7. Watching Tobin grab a dinosaur and growl just like Addy and Casey were doing. He wants to play with the big kids so bad.

8. Watching Tobin play hide and go seek with Addy and Casey and Matt. He would actually go to a chair, and cover his eyes for a couple of seconds. And then run and search for the hiding party. He even bent over to look under the kitchen table.

9. Watching Tobin pretend to blow his nose on a cloth. And then holding the same cloth up to me for me to blow my nose.

10. Watching Matt carry Addy to bed. She fell asleep in our bed while we were reading tonight. I love to watch my husband carry our babies. It makes my heart melt.

     Thankful tonight for a very cozy day. Thankful for the cold wind. It makes our home seem that much warmer. Thankful for lots of cuddles today. Thankful for so many things to be thankful for. Thankful for so many things to smile about.






No comments:

Post a Comment