Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Rivers of Thankfulness.

Project 365 * 4
Day 366

     I am so excited, I don't even know where to start. I am loving this day. January 1, 2014. The new year begins with such promise, doesn't it? I want to keep that feeling all year long. The random days in March, April, and May hold just as much promise as January 1st does. I have so many things I want to accomplish this year. No, scratch that. I have so many things that I'm going to accomplish this year. Here are some of them: 

1. I'm going to continue blogging about what I'm thankful for daily. Being thankful has changed my life, and I never want to return to my former wretched self. 

2. I'm going to continue taking at least two pictures of my kids everyday. The only thing I want to tweak here is taking more video. Watching home videos is one of my favorite things ever, and I want my kids to have videos of their childhood to watch. 

3. Once a week, I'm going to blog about a person I'm thankful for. I want to show 52 people just how much I love and care for them. 

4. Once a week, I'm going to do at least one act of kindness. And I'll write about it. But not to brag about how great I am...I'm not. But to do something good. I want to do something, you know? The world can seem so dark. There are so many problems without solutions, it seems like no one can ever make any kind of difference. But, we can. No matter how small. Kind things matter. So I'm going to do them. At least 52 of them. 

     Last, but not least, my blog has a new name. Rivers of Thankfulness. My mom came up with it. And I love it! Thank you, Mama. I needed something to more accurately capture what my blog is about. And I think the new name does that perfectly. 

     Thankful tonight for a new name for my blog. Thankful for my mom. She's one of the most thoughtful people I know. And I love her. Thankful for a great New Year's Day at my grandparent's house. Thankful that I have the sweetest people to call my grandparents. We had a lovely day! Thankful for a quiet evening at home with two of my favorite people in the whole wide world, Adelyn and Tobin. Thankful for a fresh, new start. Thankful for new projects. Thankful for this place to write. 2014 is going to be a good one. I can feel it. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment