Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tall Tales and Animal Sounds

Project 365 * 4
Day 373

     Adelyn has been telling some tall tales lately. It all started one night when Matt and I went to check on her before bed. She was still awake. We asked why she was still up, and her answer was, "I'm waiting for my monsters." Her new favorite movies are Monsters, Inc., and Monsters University. We watch them quite often. Tobin loves them as well. Anyways, since that first night when she told us that she was waiting on her monsters, the story has become bigger and better. It now goes a little something like this: "I was sleeping in my bed, and I heard a noise. And then monsters came out of my closet. Mike Wazowski, Sully, Boo, and Randall. (Randall is the bad guy, by the way.) And then the monsters were joking me. They were making me laugh with jokes. And then we cuddled in bed. And Mike Wazowski slept with me." I have to be honest, my adult mind doesn't like that last part.

     Tobin loves animals. And because Casey just gave us a bunch of his animals, Tobin is having a grand time playing with them and making animal noises. He moos. He tries to bark. He baas. He tries to neigh. But the thing he does best of all is growl. And he makes everything growl. The walrus. The sheep. The zebra. He even holds up his animal flashcards to make those animals growl. Parrots. Llamas. He really loves the dinosaurs. He holds them up and runs with them. And you guessed it...makes them growl.

     Thankful for days like the past few we've been having. Stuck inside. With nothing to do but play with my kids. And listen to their tall tales and growl sounds.







No comments:

Post a Comment