Friday, January 17, 2014

My Bed.

Project 365 * 4
Day 382

     This has been a day and a half. It was busy and tiring. And as I sat down to write, the only thing I could think of was my bed. And right now, that's what I'm most thankful for. My warm bed, in my warm home, with the best blanket, and the best pillows.

     Confession: Matt and I sleep with separate blankets. For a few reasons. One, I'm a blanket hog, apparently. Two, Roxy sleeps with us. And she lays on top of the blankets, making them hard to share. Three, Matt sleeps with a scratchy blanket that I hate. Four, we don't use sheets. Just the one fitted sheet, and blankets on top of that. When we first got married, I was all about the properly made bed with decorative pillows. Now, I'm like, the bed is for sex and sleeping. And it's for us. Not for others. So, why the heck do I care about having it made properly: fitted sheet, sheet, blanket, comforter, decorative pillows. Another confession: I don't care. This is how we make our bed: fitted sheet, blanket for Matt, blanket for me, three regular un-decorative pillows for both us. And you know what? It is the coziest bed ever. And sometimes, I fantasize about laying in it all. day. long.

     Thankful for my bed. Thankful for a whole night time just for sleeping. I never thought I would love sleeping so much. And then I became a parent. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment