Saturday, November 23, 2013

I knew it was going to be a good one...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 324

     I could sense it. It was glowing outside. The light felt special. And electric. Patty had just arrived for dinner, it was cold, and a bit breezy...but I knew. I had to get out there. I knew it was going to be a good one.




































     So thankful for sunsets. Thankful to be able to witness such grandeur and beauty on a daily basis. Kind of feels like a gift, doesn't it? There are times when one feels hopeless under the weight of the world and all it's problems. There are so many sad and scary things. There are times when it's hard to find the beauty. It's hard to find the good. It's hard to say, "yeah, but there are so many more good things in the world than bad." Watching this glorious, magnificent masterpiece of a sunset set me straight today. There are sad things. There are scary things. But there are so many more beautiful and good things than sad and bad. You just have to open your eyes. Thankful for reminders of the good. Thankful for reminders of the lovely. Thankful for this sunset that took my breath away. Thankful for this sunset that made me so incredibly thankful to be alive.

     "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." -Albert Einstein

     I choose the latter. I choose to believe that every sunset is a miracle. A gift. I choose to find the good. Sometimes, it may be hard to find...but it's there. Good is there. Lovely is there. Miracles are there. Just waiting...

   

No comments:

Post a Comment