Monday, November 11, 2013

"Mama, did you move the moon?"

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 312

     It was dinnertime, but I didn't care. The sunset was too beautiful. I hurriedly got the kids into their coats and hats, grabbed my camera, got the stroller out, and basically ran to get a few shots before the sun dipped down behind the clouds. I love it when the sun makes the sky pink, and orange, and red, and yellow, and purple, and all those beautiful colors in between. I got to thinking about sunsets. Sunsets are something people associate with beaches. Or maybe a beautiful mountain range somewhere. Here's the thing though...the sky is the same no matter where we are. It doesn't change. It's beautiful always. The only thing that changes is our surroundings. And sometimes, all it takes is a short walk to find the most beautiful sunset waiting for you around the corner.









     We stayed outside after the sun went down and walked around for a bit. I love walking at night. I'm getting really excited for Christmas. Walks at night are especially fun during the Christmas season. We love looking at all the lights. While we were outside walking tonight, Tobin pointed up, and made an excited noise at the moon. It was the first time he realized that there is a big, glowing thing up in space. And it's cool. He pointed at it for the remainder of our walk. His finger outstretched. Steady and unwavering. While Tobin was pointing, Adelyn was questioning. "Mama, are you moving the moon?" "Mama, did you do that...did you move the moon?" "Mama, can you get the moon for me?" "I want the moon...I want it...Mama, can you get me the moon?" "It's following us...look!" "The moon is following us."

     Thankful for gorgeous sunsets. Thankful for colors so beautiful they don't really have a name. They all just kind of melt into each other to create this one perfect multicolored sky. Thankful for the moon. Thankful for Tobin and Adelyn. And their obsession with the moon tonight. It made me smile big to watch them watch the moon. Thankful for childhood. And new discoveries. Thankful I get to spend my days pushing my babies around in the stroller while they stare at the moon.









No comments:

Post a Comment