Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sweet November.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 306

     I love November. I love how the word November feels in my mouth. For most couples, February is the big month for all things love and hearts and cupids. And well, actually, it is for us too. We're big into all things love and hearts and cupids. And why not? When you're in love, anytime is a good time for all things love. But for us, November is a big month. November holds our day forever. That day, eight years ago, when I walked down the aisle with my dad. Holding on tight so I wouldn't fall in my white dress. That day when I said, "I do," for forever.

     When I was in high school, I loved this movie called, Sweet November. Loved it. Thought is was the most amazing love story of all time. I watched it again recently and discovered that it sucked. Honestly. Worst movie I've ever seen. Terrible. The thing that struck me about it is this. Had I known then what a real love story looks like, I would have watched about five minutes of Sweet November and realized it was garbage. Real love stories look a lot different. Real love stories take time and work. Real love stories have romantic chapters. And scary ones. Sad ones. Real love stories are never done being told. They are always unfolding.

     For me, November will always be sweet. Sweeter than any movie about love could ever attempt to be. It is the month that contains the day I married my love. I am without words big enough, and good enough, and amazing enough to describe how blessed I am to be Matt's wife. My life with him is wonderful and full of love and affection and smiles and laughter. Our love story is still being written. We write it everyday. It's in every embrace. Every kiss. Every tear. It's in every day we spend together.

     Tonight, and every night, and for all my nights for the rest of my life, and beyond, I am thankful for my love, Matt. I'm thankful for the way he kisses me. Like he's been away at sea for a year, and he's just coming home. I'm thankful for the way he holds me. I'm thankful for the way he takes care of me. I'm thankful for the way he fathers our children. With everything in him. I'm thankful that our love story is still alive and well. Our love is new every day, and yet, it contains a deep history. I'm thankful for sweet November. Not Sweet November. Sweet November. Our sweet November. I'm thankful that our love is tested, and tried, and true. It's the kind of love that sticks forever. November 5th is one of my favorite days with Matt. But, so are the other 364 days.










No comments:

Post a Comment