Thursday, November 14, 2013

Everyone has been real cuddly lately...and I'm loving it.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 315

     Matt and I were sound asleep when we had a little visitor crawl up into bed with us last night. Adelyn rarely sleeps with us. Matt and I wanted to be on top of good bedtime habits early on, so the only time she sleeps with us is if she's sick. Last night, as Addy was crawling into bed with both arms loaded with her most precious stuffed animals and babies, I asked her questions. "What's wrong? Do you feel okay? Do you feel sick? Did you have a bad dream? Are you having trouble sleeping?" Her answer surprised me. "I was too lonely." So we cuddled and slept holding each other last night. It was the best sleep.

     This morning, Tobin woke up bright and early. Before six. So by nine, he was pretty sleepy. I could tell he needed a little catnap, so I rubbed his head while he rested on my chest. And he fell asleep on me. It was the most cozy morning. Just sitting on the couch, and holding Tobin while he slept made me feel warm and cozy and happy. It's so rare for him to fall asleep on me anymore, so when he does, I cherish every minute of it. I hold him tight. I cuddle him tight. I kiss his head, and I smell his hair. And that's all I did for about thirty minutes straight. And I loved it.

     Thankful tonight for extra cuddles from my little ones. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or not, all I know is all the extra warmth I'm getting from their cuddles is enough to keep me warm on the coldest winter night. So in love with my children. So blessed to call them mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment