Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Walking Roxy in the cold.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 313

     I was in love with the weather today. I feel alive in the cold. I love the way it feels against my skin, and in my lungs. Matt had just come home, and was playing with the kids, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take Roxy on a nice, cold, long walk. We walked along the side of my favorite hill that overlooks a big forest. The hill ends at a pond. We stood there for a few minutes. Both of us breathing in the cold, and looking out over the trees. It was quiet, and peaceful, and beautiful.

     Thankful for the cold. Thankful for the wind that was whipping the leaves and trees around today. Thankful for a quiet walk along my favorite hill. Thankful for an amazing view of the forest. Thankful for Roxy. She's always by my side, and I love that about her. Even if I'm up for a walk in the freezing cold weather...so is she. She sticks by me. Even now as I'm writing this, she's sleeping on my feet. Thankful for her love. Thankful for the perfect dinner tonight. Homemade chicken soup and biscuits. Thankful for our warm home. Warmed not just by heat, but by love and togetherness.






No comments:

Post a Comment