Monday, November 18, 2013

Big Playgrounds. Nature Walks. The Most Beautiful Tree Ever.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 319

     I have to admit. I was a little less than thrilled with this warmish day. Patty, on the other hand, was so excited about it, she called me at 7:30 in the morning to ask if I had been outside yet, and to inform me that we should spend the entire day outside. I was kind of pissy about it at first. It is November, after all. I am a fall and winter lover. I love, love, love the cold. And this warm day pissed me off...but only at first.

     We decided to go to a cool playground this morning.































     Then, this afternoon, because Matt was home, Adelyn and I were able to go on a nature walk during Tobin's nap time. We were out for about two hours. Walking. Looking. Breathing in fresh air. Feeling the wind whip our hair around. We picked flowers. And acorns. And leaves. And rocks. We brought a blanket so we could sit and just enjoy the view when we felt like it. We found a big stick. Perfect for us to use as a walking stick. It was a great walk. Being outside feeds me. Just looking at the trees and the leaves, just walking through wide open spaces of grass, just being outside in the great wide open, and breathing in fresh air, and looking at the blue sky...it all at once soothes me, calms me, invigorates me, feeds me, nourishes me, and makes me feel alive.



































     And then, Addy and I came across the most beautiful tree I've seen all season long. It was beyond amazing. One half was deep red. The middle was reddish, pinkish, and orange-y. And the other half was yellow. This is no exaggeration, we stood under it, looking up at it, for about twenty minutes. It was that amazing.












     By the end of this day, I was feeling pretty guilty about being so pissy about the warmish weather. It was a gorgeous, beautiful, amazing day. It was fun. And being outside for so long was so good for me. And my soul.

     Thankful for the day. It was perfect. Thankful for big playgrounds, and nature walks. Thankful for red and pink and orange and yellow leaves. Thankful for trees. Thankful to have found the most beautiful tree I've ever seen in my entire life. Thankful for days that feed my soul so well. I'm stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment