Thursday, November 7, 2013

You could say I'm obsessed...and you'd be right.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 308

     I am just absolutely in love with the fall. And the leaves. And the wind. And the cold. I was quite perturbed at the less than fall like weather the past few days. Yesterday, I was actually sweating. Sweating outside in November. Madness, I tell you! Today was like hot tea with honey and lemon for my soul. I love the windy, cool, fall days. They're my favorite days. I started my walk today around 3:30. And we didn't come home until after 5. I spent that time walking my little ones, who like to sleep outside in the stroller during our walks, and admiring the beauty all around me. I spent most of the walk with my head up. Watching the branches as I walked beneath them. The sunlight made the leaves glow today. No music. No phone. Not even the kids to talk to. Just me and the trees and the leaves. We had a great conversation.

     Thankful for fall. Thankful that so many beautiful leaves are hanging on for so long. Thankful for long walks with only the trees and the leaves for company. They never disappoint.




























1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I love the "blustery" days too! I end up watching Winnie the Pooh after a walk like yours!

    ReplyDelete