Monday, November 25, 2013

I don't mind...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 326

     Tobin says two words really well. Dada and uh-oh. He says mama sometimes, but it isn't as clear. Matt was walking up to the house from his run this evening, and when Tobin spotted him, he excitedly said, "dada," repeatedly and hurried as fast as he could to get to the door. I don't mind that Tobin says dada better than he says mama. I don't mind that after Matt gets home, I'm chopped liver for about an hour.

     Tonight, after I gave the kids a bath, Matt announced he was running out to the store real quick, and gave Addy a kiss goodnight. Matt always reads books to Addy if he's home, and upon hearing that I would be reading books instead, she stomped and screamed, "Noooooooooo, I don't want Mama, I want Dada! I will not, never, ever, never read books with Mama. Only Dada." Of course, Matt didn't go to the store. I don't mind that Addy wanted nothing to do with me tonight.

     I don't mind because it means Matt is an amazing father. Adelyn and Tobin adore him. And he loves them. Deeply. Thankful that my children kick me to the curb when he's around. Thankful that he has a few days off coming up. We all can't wait to spend time with him.




No comments:

Post a Comment