Sunday, November 3, 2013

Leech.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 304

     I had a leech attached to me all day long. And it was a long day, because last night was a long night. Tobin and Adelyn are sick. Addy seems to be on the tail end of her illness...but Tobin? Not so much. Tobin caught a cold from Addy, but now it has turned into croup. And because he's feeling so bad, he decided to attach himself to me, and rub his snotty nose against my face and my clothes all day long. He won't eat much. He won't drink much. He won't nurse much. He won't sleep much. He's a mess. And I feel like a zombie. But this afternoon, I had the most peaceful walk I've ever had with my kids. We all needed to get out of the house, and get some fresh air. So I bundled them up, got some big blankets, and put them in the stroller. They both fell asleep almost instantly, so I walked for an hour. They were so peaceful and quiet, and the leaves were so beautiful. It was such a nice walk. It was cool and windy. And I cannot, cannot, get enough of the leaves. The colors are just so amazingly beautiful.

     Thankful for my little sick leech. It can be tiring, but having my little boy follow me around all day long makes me feel cozy inside. Thankful for all the extra cuddles and hugs lately. Thankful for all the extra kisses. Even if they are coated in snot. Thankful for a nice, peaceful walk. Thankful for naps taken outside in the stroller. Thankful I had so many beautiful leaves and trees to keep me company while my children slept. I wasn't the least bit lonely at all.







1 comment:

  1. Hope your babies feel better and you get some rest! I like you love love the leaves! So beautiful!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete