Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sweet Spots

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 327

     It was a hard day. It was a long day. And as my children were crying during their bath time tonight, I felt as though at any moment, I'd be joining them. Yes, it was a hard day. And as much as I wanted to write something easy like, "I'm thankful it's time for bed..." I just can't. Because even on days like today, there are sweet spots. Sweet spots like waking up this morning to Adelyn snoring in my face. Sweet spots like Patty handing me a homemade latte for my morning drive. Sweet spots like watching Tobin dance. Or dinner at Patty's. Or cuddling with Tobin while I read books to him tonight. Or hearing Addy thank Matt for making a "lovely bed" on the floor for all her animals and babies. Or how about the fact that I'm a warm, dry home tonight. Or how about the fact that right now, as I write, there are all the ingredients for many a Thanksgiving dessert just sitting on the counter in my kitchen. Tomorrow, I get to bake pies and cakes and cookies and cake pops all day long. Definitely a sweet spot. My most favorite sweet spot? Matt's many hugs and kisses tonight. Didn't matter that my shirt was encrusted with snot. Didn't matter that I messed up and used the wrong shampoo this morning. It made my hair look like I had poured baby oil in it. Didn't matter that I was a little cranky. Okay, a lot cranky. He hugged and kissed and missed me anyway.

     Thankful for this day. Even though it was hard, there is still much to be thankful for. So much. More than I could ever count or list. I'm thankful for sweet spots. They got me through this very tough day.

Matt reading Tobin his favorite book. 

Tobin crying because Matt went to read to Addy. 

Tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment