Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Memory Lane

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 307

     Shane and I took a trip today. Down memory lane. We took Tobin to play at the playground in our old neighborhood. Tobin had a blast. He loves to slide and swing. And Shane and I had a blast walking through the field we walked through so many times before. Only before we were children.

     Thankful for such a great day. Thankful for a visit to our old neighborhood. So many good memories there. Thankful for all the red leaves I got to collect today. Today was an especially good day for collecting red leaves. They looked like they were glowing. Thankful for time with family. Thankful for an amazing sunset. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe it, actually. One of the best sunsets I've ever seen. Thankful for the peaceful sleep happening in our home right now. Sleeping children, snoring dog. And even though my night should be far from over...there are dishes in the sink, there are toys everywhere, I need to vacuum, and fold a giant pile of laundry the size of Mt. Everest...I'm thinking I might take the night off. The peaceful sleeping noises are just too hard to resist right now. I need to join in.
 
 






The ditch. Perhaps the best part of our old neighborhood. I don't know why, but everyone who lived in this neighborhood loved the ditch. At least all the people I know who grew up there like I did. 




Good tree for climbing. Made me think of Addy.




No comments:

Post a Comment