Saturday, November 9, 2013

We spent the morning rolling down a hill.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 310

     This was the best day. Reasons are as follows:

1. When I went into the kitchen to make breakfast for the kids, I found two cans of black olives, flowers, a card, and a $25 Starbucks gift card sitting on my cutting board. I am married to the sweetest guy. I don't know anyone else that can take two cans of black olives, and turn it into a thoughtful gift.



2. Tobin is sick. And he is male. So, true to form, in this family, when you are male, and you are sick...it's pretty much the end of the world. He literally rolls around on the floor crying all day. Or walks around crying. He throws his head back in anger over his snotty nose. And he's just plain old grumpy. So, this morning on our walk, he was pretty dramatic about the way he was feeling. And it was hilarious.






3. Matt, Patty, Casey, Adelyn and I spent the morning rolling down a big hill while Tobin and Sophia looked on like we were insane. Tobin tried to walk away back to the playground several times.
























4. I had a date night with my love. And it was the best date night! One of the things I love most about date nights now is that I get to eat a meal uninterrupted. Any time spent with my love is the best time.

     Thankful for a wonderful day. Beautiful sky. Beautiful leaves. Cold wind blowing. Thankful for gifts from my sweet. Thankful for a fun morning. Spending time doing things that children do is good for your soul. Rolling down the hill was hilarious. And I couldn't stop laughing. Thankful for a lovely date night with my love. Just thankful tonight. I love when I write about my day and realize I have a huge smile just remembering how awesome it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment