Saturday, September 28, 2013

Big Juicy. Damn Good Dinner. Gifts. My Girl. Bear Coat. Cricket. Red Leaves. Trees. (Big days require big titles.)

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 268

     It was a beautiful day. Beautiful. Lovely. Any day spent with the ones I love most is beautiful and lovely. Full of fun, adventure, and new things to smile about. Today's things to smile about are as follows:

1. My dad replaced the brakes on our Excursion, Big Juicy. Yeah. We named our Excursion, Big Juicy. What of it? All vehicles need a name. (The name of my old Ford Focus SVT that I bought brand new, and paid off, and owned free and clear, was Juicy. The licence plate assigned to me was JCY-and some random numbers. Since she was red, and her licence plate already said JCY...the name, Juicy, just stuck. So, when Matt and my dad came home one day with our Excursion, I came out to see them, and my dad said, "how do you like Big Juicy?" And the name stuck.) My dad spent his day, once again, helping us. I love him so much.

2. Even though my dad was fixing Big Juicy all day, the aroma coming out of my parent's house was seriously, intoxicating. My dad put in a roast chicken, and a pot roast before he started working. We ate like ravenous wolves tonight. We were all hungry from being outside all day. That, and it was a damn good dinner. Just like always.

3. My mom had gifts for me today. She went out and got me some new clothes. She's always thinking of me. Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without my mom. I don't know what I'd do without our weekly visits. I don't know what I'd do without our multiple daily phone calls. A girl just needs her mom, you know? So thankful for my sweet mama. She is one of those rare people who is always just, good and giving and kind. She always believes the best in people. She always loves. Even when the recipient of that love isn't deserving of it. I love her so much.

4. Today, more times than I can count, Matt came up to me, and hugged me. And kissed me. And held me. And smiled at me. And held my hands. And kissed them also. It made me smile, and it made me feel loved. But, then again, Matt always makes me feel incredibly loved. About a week ago, we had a disagreement about something. We were texting back and forth, and he texted me this: "Seriously...don't worry. I love you so much...just be my girl again!" I've been thinking about those two words ever since. My girl. I've been saying them over and over in my head. My girl. Just be my girl again. I replied with, "I'll always be your girl." So in love with my guy.

5. Shane has a bear coat. Enough said.






Hiding from the bear. 

Puzzling about the bear. 

More puzzling. 





More hiding. 



6. I caught a cricket to show the kids. I like crickets. They always remind me of Skipper. He would pounce on them. And then when they would lay lifelessly on the floor from being pounced upon, he would rub his head against them to try and bring them back to life. Yes, crickets remind me of Skipper. And of my childhood.

7. Green grass. Crunchy leaves. Red leaves. I love the red ones the best. Beautiful trees. I love trees. They are so beautiful and peaceful. So majestic and humble at the same time. 




     Thankful for amazing days spent with the best people I know. I'm blessed to have the best people in the world to call, family. I don't deserve such amazing days with such amazing people.











   

No comments:

Post a Comment