Saturday, September 21, 2013

I love using the phrase, "what a great day!"

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 261

     I loved today. It was great! It was Haymarket Day in our little town. That meant watching a parade in the morning, and walking around until lunchtime. It was pretty cloudy today, so that kept it nice and cool. Perfect weather for lots of walking. We came home and had lunch, and waited for my parents and my brother to come over. And when they did, my dad and my brother went to Haymarket Day. That meant that I got to hang out with my mom, and drink tea, and talk. For dinner we had homemade chicken soup from the stock I made from last night's roast chicken. It was delicious. And I whipped up some gluten free drop biscuits to go along with it. They were pretty good with lots of butter and honey. But, then, isn't everything good with lots of butter and honey?

     Thankful for a very sweet day with my family. It was quiet, and cozy, and warm. Thankful I could use the phrase, "what a great day!" Thankful for parades. And street festivals. Thankful for time with my family. Thankful for hot tea with honey and lemon. It'll cure what ails ya. Thankful for luscious chicken soup. I think chicken soup is the best of all the soups. Thankful for the rain. It made things feel extra cozy and lovey around here. What a great day!










No comments:

Post a Comment