Thursday, September 26, 2013

Apples and Peaches. And baking with Adelyn.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 266

     Shane and I took Tobin to a little farm this morning. It has been in the Franconia area forever. Nall's Produce. It was a gorgeous day. A perfect day to go look at Fall things. And farm animals. Tobin loves animals. He reminds me of Shane. He was always an animal lover as a kid. Instead of cuddling with stuffed animals at night, he cuddled with hard, plastic animals. Tobin wiggled out of his safety restraints more than once today trying to see the roosters. He's my little Houdini. Shane and I decided to get two peaches, and two apples, and have that for lunch. The peaches were okay, but we kind of expected that. It's not peach season. It is however, apple season. And those honeycrisp apples were amazing. And all three of us had a lovely lunch of fresh fruit.

     Tonight, Adelyn and I did some baking. I love teaching her how to do things like crack an egg. Measure vanilla. Use the butter left over on the wrapper to grease the pan. Use the mixer. Oh, and how cute is this? Addy had a cup of tea with me tonight. I made her some Chamomile with honey and lemon. And believe me, she needed some Chamomile. It was so sweet to see her sitting there, sipping tea out of a pretty teacup.

     Thankful for Fall adventures. Thankful for peaches and apples. Thankful for time spent with two of my favorite guys, Shane and Tobin. Thankful for rooster sightings. The roosters made Tobin's day. Thankful I got to do some baking with Addy B. I just love teaching her how to cook and bake. Thankful for hot tea. And the peace and calm it brings. The days are just so very cozy when one drinks tea from a pretty teacup.
























No comments:

Post a Comment