Monday, September 9, 2013

Is 10:58 am too early for a beer?

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 249

     I don't think so. Two minutes away from 11:00 am is practically lunch time. Had a lovely lunch with my sister today. We ate early, so we could eat without having to feed the babies at the same time. And we decided to split a beer with our lunch. I guess we're still on beach time. And at the beach, anytime is a good time for an ice cold beer. After lunch, our kids played in Sophia's room while Patty and I searched through boxes and boxes of our childhood. Barbies, kitchen stuff, ballet stuff, old school stuff. It was great fun until our babies decided they had had enough playtime. Oh, babies... Always needing something, right? :)

     Tomorrow is Adelyn's first day of Preschool. She's super excited. I wanted to make this last day before school starts special, so we had a picnic in the living room while Tobin was napping. We ate together, and watched a movie. And every couple of minutes, she would look at me and say, "I love you, Mama," or, "Mama loves Addy."

     Matt took off for Addy's big day tomorrow! So, while Addy is in school, I get to spend the day with my boys. And, actually, I don't think Matt, Tobin, and I have ever spent any time alone together. I'm excited to spoil my sweet Tobin with 100% attention tomorrow. And all this year actually, while Addy is in school.

     Thankful for beer. Especially when shared with my sister. Thankful for boxes of our childhood. I can't wait to look through each box thoroughly. Thankful for Addy's big day tomorrow. Thankful that Matt gets to spend it with us. Thankful for all the time I will be spending with my boy tomorrow, and the rest of this year. It's going to be a good one. Full of firsts and new adventures.







No comments:

Post a Comment