Saturday, September 14, 2013

The dog days are over...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 254

     This day was beautiful. I can't wait for it to get just a little bit colder! We had a lovely day. Had a birthday party in the morning for my grandpa. It was a sweet little party. Then, this evening, Patty, Casey, and Sophia came over for dinner. As I was chopping tomatoes for the salad, "Dog days are over," started playing on the iPod. We had the windows and doors open, and a sweet, breezy wind was blowing through the house. I couldn't help but think how very, very thankful I was that it is Fall. And the dog days of summer are over. Literally. As I continued chopping, Adelyn came in and started dancing. I had to stop and join her.

     Thankful for beautiful days like today. Thankful for dances in the kitchen. Thankful for the way the sunlight filters through the trees. Thankful we got celebrate my grandpa's birthday. Thankful to have been able to spend time with both my grandparents today. And my mom. And my sister. And Matt. And all the kids. Any time spent with my family, is time very well spent.






























2 comments:

  1. beautiful children, a great family.
    do u ever see Pop from hagerstown, he seems to be off the radar.
    I look and read your blogs all the time, what a time capsule for your children as they grow older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm honored that you read my posts. I'm not sure if you mean JR Arnold? My mom's father? May I ask who I'm speaking with? :) I hope my children enjoy reading my blog posts as they get older. It would make me so happy!

      Delete