Monday, September 16, 2013

The first time in 13 years!

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 256

     In the 13 years Matt and I have been together, he has never once baked or cooked for me. (He's opened up a can of soup for me every now and then, but can one really call that cooking? No.) So, today was perhaps the biggest surprise I've had in a long while. He went to the store by himself to pick up the ingredients that we didn't have here at home. And he came home, and made the most delicious dessert. From scratch. (Which, in my opinion, is the only way to cook or bake anything.) I loved watching him bake. It was sweet. And it was fun having him in the kitchen. And, bonus! It was gluten free for our girl.

     Thankful for my sweet love. He never ceases to amaze me. I know people use that phrase quite often, but they shouldn't. Because it loses its luster when someone uses it for real. And I am using it for real. He actually, literally, never ceases to amaze me. His love for me. His love for our children. How hard he works. He's an amazing uncle. And brother. And son. Just an amazing man. And he's mine. I may have had to wait 13 years to taste something he's made with his own two hands, but man...it was well worth the wait. He might be in trouble, actually. Because, I'm on to him now. He's got skills he's been hiding away all these years. Faking like he can't bake or cook. Uh-huh. He's on dessert duty for the next couple of family Sunday dinners.



No comments:

Post a Comment