Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fall. And family. It doesn't get any better...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 255

     We had a lovely day. We spent the morning picking apples and blackberries at a farm in Purcellville. I love wide open spaces of green and blue. I love bushes filled with berries. And tree branches hanging heavy with fruit. I love the way the sunlight shines through the branches of trees. I love the taste of blackberries right off the bush. Warmed by the sun. I love adventuring with the people I love most.

     I spent the afternoon talking with Sue, Steph, and Adelyn in the basement while Matt and Mario watched football. We snacked on apples, almonds, and cheese. And sipped on wine. And when Tobin woke from his nap, we decided we were done sitting in the house. So, we opted for more adventuring. We went to a local farm. And we all got to pick pumpkins, courtesy of Grandma. It was a truly perfect day.

     Thankful for this lovely Fall day. Thankful for fresh fruit. Thankful for time spent well with those that I love. Thankful for beautiful places to go adventuring. Thankful for pumpkins. Thankful for all things Fall. Thankful for family. I wish I could do this day over again. But not because it was bad. But because it was so, so good.

























































No comments:

Post a Comment