Thursday, September 5, 2013

Even though...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 245

     There are some days in the life of a mother, when you put your kids down for bed, leave the room, and think to yourself, "I could have done better today. WAY better." And well, actually, there can be many days like that. Not just some. Many. And even though this was one of those days for me, even though I left my children's rooms tonight feeling less than worthy of being a mother to two of the most amazing beings I've ever known, even though I kind of want to just sit and cry right now, even though all that...I'm still thankful for this day. I'm thankful for the good moments along with the bad.

     I'm thankful for Tobin's kisses. He's learned to kiss now, and he goes back and forth between me and Adelyn. Kissing us. And Addy and I smile at each other, and we say, "awww, isn't he sweet and cute?" I'm thankful for the crazy, insane mess that Tobin makes each meal time. Because it gives me the chance to strip him down after every meal, and watch him crawl around in his diaper, and blow raspberries on his bare tummy. I'm thankful that I got to watch Adelyn meet her new teachers this morning. I'm thankful that she's so excited for school. I'm thankful for September weather. I'm thankful for the beautiful sunset tonight.

     And even though there were bad moments today, moments that will not be fondly remembered, I'm still thankful for them. I'm thankful for bad moments because they provide perspective. If we all just lived life in this magical land where nothing bad ever happened, and no bad moments ever occurred, and everything was all sunshine and smiles all the time, we wouldn't appreciate the times where everything was actually all sunshine and smiles.

     I'm thankful for--even though. I'm thankful for good moments. And bad ones. I'm thankful that the bad moments help us grow. They pave the way to brighter days. Filled with happinesses beyond sunshine and smiles.




No comments:

Post a Comment