Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I can't throw out my old calendars.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 258

     We got a calendar catalog in the mail today. I love fresh, new calendars. I love the smooth pages. And the empty boxes of days. Waiting to be filled. We always get the same calendar. "The Love of Dogs." Every year, new pictures of dogs to smile at. Every year, new days to live.

     We were going through things the other day, and we came across last year's calendar. Matt went to throw it away, and I almost yelled at him. I cannot throw them away. I can't throw away the reminder of all our days. Appointments. Baby showers. Parties. Milestones. Goals. Fun days. Not so fun days. Good days. Bad days. Our days.

     Thankful for the empty boxes. The empty days. Waiting to be filled with adventure, life, and love. Thankful for my old calendars. My reminders of years gone by. My reminders to live each day deliberately. And to be so very thankful for each box.

My sweet Roxy. 

Always cuddling with his monkey or his moose. 

Always cuddling with her babies. The baby she's holding there is named, Casey. How sweet is it that she named her favorite baby after her favorite older cousin?

No comments:

Post a Comment