Monday, September 23, 2013

Have I learned nothing these past 263 days?

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 263

     Oh me. Will I ever learn? It amazes me how I can let something seemingly big, but pretty small in the grand scheme of things, steal my joy. Steal my hope. Steal my faith, even. And worst of all, steal my days. For two days, this thing, has hovered over me. Raining on me. Storming on me. Blocking my view of the sunshine in my life.

     No more. I'm done being stormed on. I'm done letting this thing hang over my head and over my days. And if I've learned anything from blogging these past 263 days, and from my previous 100 days of thankfulness, it's that no matter what I may be going through in my life, I have much, much to be thankful for. I have so many incredible blessings in my life. Blessings I don't even deserve.

     Tonight, because I need to remind myself of just how many things I have to be thankful for, here's a giant list:

Roxy, sleeping at my feet right now
Adelyn, and her sweet smile. And her hugs and kisses.
Tobin, and his cuddles, and his smile. And the way he makes a huge mess at every mealtime.
Matt, and the way he hugs me and holds me even when I'm not huggable.
My dad, and his phone calls to check up on me. He loves me.
My mom, and her phone calls just to chat. I love talking with my mom.
Shane. I love how he's always making me laugh. And he's a great person to chat with.
Patty, and her listening ears. And the way she lets me say anything, and it's okay.
Casey, and his train noises.
Sophia. I love how she still acts like a 3 month old.
AJ. He's always messing with me, and teasing me. Just like a big brother should.
Greenie. And Duke, Dixie, and Goose. I'm lucky to have so many dogs in this world that love me.
Sue. She's always there to talk and listen. I'm blessed to have such a sweet mother-in-law.
Steph. She gives really good hugs. And sometimes, a good hug is hard to come by.
Mario. I love how hard he tries to cook for me. Like I'm somebody really special or something.
Gamie and Poppy. Amazing grandparents. Whenever I think of them, I think of blueberry pancakes.
Cousins. I'm someone who is blessed with really awesome cousins. Cousins are the best.
Aunts. Uncles. I love having a big family.
Family. Not related by blood or marriage. But family still the same, Jeff and Gary.
Fall. I love the Fall. The leaves. The colors. The cool air. I can breath in the Fall.
Tea. I'm in love with tea with honey and lemon right now. I'm on my 7th cup today.
My home. I'm blessed to have a beautiful home to call our own.
Health. My family's health.
Laughter. We laugh a lot at our house. Every day should be filled with it.
River. I miss her. But, she taught me so many things. Who knew such a tiny life could do so much?
Hot baths. With bubbles. And a movie playing. Watching a movie in the bath is great fun.
My new mums. I love flowers. Doesn't every girl?
My camera. I love capturing our life.
Friends. I have a couple really good friends. Does anyone really need more than that?
The ability to stay home with my children. What an incredible blessing.
The way Tobin slept on my chest today. He rarely does it, but when he does, I savor it.
Preschool. We are so blessed and thankful to have Adelyn in school.
Food in our fridge.
Warm beds to sleep in. With big blankets and pillows.
We have everything we need and more.
Love. The biggest thing of all. If all the world felt the amazing love I feel every day...it would be a crazy happy place.

     Wow. The rain has stopped, and the sun is shining. Feeling beyond thankful.





No comments:

Post a Comment