Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Flower Girl. & Temper Tantrum Tobin.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 243

     This morning, on our way to the playground, Adelyn bent down, picked a flower, then promptly asked me to put it in her hair. I took her clip out, and re-clipped her hair with the flower. She was so proud. She would gently touch it every now and then, and say, "I look beautiful." She did. I think this whole thing struck me because you don't have to teach a girl to put flowers in their hair. They just do it.




     Tobin has started something new and fun. Temper tantrums. Before his first birthday, too. I knew it was coming. The past couple of days, he's been showing his frustration with things more and more. Waving his arms around if I tell him he can't touch something. Attempting to hit me when I take something he can't have. Screaming at the top of his lungs if something doesn't go his way. And tonight was the straw that broke the camel's back. I took his bath sponge away because he was chewing on it, and ripping it, and he threw a big old tantrum. Complete with screaming. Crying. Kicking. Trying to hit me. Throwing his head and body backwards. I mean...full on tantrum. From my 11 month old. :)

     Thankful for my beautiful girl. Thankful for flowers in hair. Thankful for trips to the playground. Thankful for Tobin. And his temper tantrums. I know I won't be saying this in a few months, but right now, they are downright hilarious. I mean, I feel bad saying this, but it is really funny to watch a baby get mad because you took a sponge away from them.





No comments:

Post a Comment