Friday, May 10, 2013

Mom. Part Two.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 129

     I've realized today, that posts about my mom have been somewhat absent from my blog. I have no real reason to explain this. But I think the reason is because my mom is so amazing. She's awesome. She's the best. And, maybe I've just come to expect amazing, and awesome, and the best from her. Maybe, I, like most children, have taken her for granted. Maybe I got so used to amazing, awesome, best, that I forgot how blessed I am to have her.

     When I was in high school, I worked at a chiropractic office. I was talking with the office manager one day. She had just returned to work after a week's absence. Her mother had just passed away. I was asking her things like, "how are you feeling," "can I do anything to help you?" And she replied, "no...I'm feeling very alone. When a girl loses her mom, she really stands alone in the world." I remember her words so vividly. I remember the tears in her eyes. I remember how she was a completely different person after her mother passed away. Maybe she was just in mourning for a long while. But, I think she was different because after losing her mom, she truly felt alone in the world.

     I'm thankful tonight and I'm sorry. I'm thankful, so very much thankful for my mom. She is there for me whenever I need her. She has been there in every good moment. In every bad. In every moment of celebration. In every moment of sorrow. She has been a constant. She has been the best. Awesome. Amazing. I'm so thankful, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I took her for granted. I'm sorry that she has been absent from my blog posts. I'm sorry that I haven't made her feel appreciated. I'm thankful I'm not alone. I have her. So thankful for the gift of my mother.


























No comments:

Post a Comment