Sunday, May 26, 2013

Three Things...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 145

     Thankful for three things in particular tonight.

1. Thankful that I can get into fights and tiffs with my family, and it doesn't matter. We get over it. No big deal. We can be super upset with each other one minute, and laughing about it the next minute. And I love that. In our family, we get things out in the open. Right away. No holding anything back.

2. Thankful that we got to see my grandparents today. And even though it was only for about an hour or so, we still had lots of laughs, and lots to talk about, and shared lots of sweet moments. Thankful to have such sweet grandparents so close by.

3. Thankful for family dinners. Completed with homemade ice cream. When it comes to family togetherness, and family dinners, and family days, can I just say without sounding too snooty...we set the bar pretty high.

     Thankful that in my family, we can be fighting one minute, and laughing the next. Thankful that my Dad's way of apologizing is to give kisses. It always has been. I love that about him. Thankful that Patty and I can get on each other's nerves, and piss each other off, and it doesn't matter. We are always, always, okay with each other. Always. I have never feared that anything can break what we have. Thankful for my grandparents. Thankful for all the sweet memories I have with them. And thankful for all the new memories we make every time I see them hold one of their great-grandchildren. Thankful for family days. Thankful that we set the bar high, and it makes me proud to say that. Thankful for all the amazing love in my life. My heart feels full and warm tonight.














No comments:

Post a Comment