Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mom. Part Three.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 130

     One fond memory from my childhood is this: I came home from school one day, and my mom told me she had a present for me. It was a sketchpad, and a pack of colored pencils. It was so simple, and yet, it meant so much to me. So much so that I have remembered that day, and that present, all these years later. I remember thinking to myself, "my mom loves me so much, that she went to the store today, and bought me this present."

     Thankful for my mom. Thankful for the simple things she did for me. Simple things matter. Simple things, seemingly ordinary things like a sketchpad and colored pencils, are what childhood memories are made of. Thankful for that simple gift those many years ago. Thankful that it revealed two things to me. One, my mother loved me, and thought about me, even when I wasn't around. And two, it taught me that little things matter. And it is something I remember when I buy little gifts for Adelyn and Tobin. Love my mom. So thankful for her.





No comments:

Post a Comment