Thursday, May 16, 2013

Farewell, The Office.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 135

     Interesting day. Actually, it was kind of hard day, at first. Both kids were crazy fussy. They both cried and fussed most of the day. I thought it would get better when my dear friend came to visit. I haven't seen her in so long, and I was so excited to see her, and catch up, to show off my kids, and my home. She came, and I think they cried and fussed even more. And Matt decided this would be the day he would repaint our kitchen, so in addition to two crying, fussing babies, I had my entire main level torn apart.

     However, friends love you no matter how much your kids fuss, and no matter how messy your house is, so Lisa and I had a blast anyways. Besides, the kids were in bed for the main event. The Office finale. And seriously, it was even more amazing that I could have hoped for. It was perfect. I know it sounds silly, getting all sentimental about a TV show. But, The Office has been a part of my life. It's the show I watch in the middle of the night when I'm scared. And I need something familiar and funny. It's the show I watch to unwind. It taught me that love stories aren't really great love stories unless they face adversity. Pam taught me, "it's not who you've been with, it's who you end up with."

     There were some amazing moments on the finale tonight. Some amazing truths spoken in between tears and laughter. Like Andy saying, "I wish someone would tell you when you're in the good ole days when your in them." What's funny is, that Lisa and I were talking about, "the good ole days," tonight. I'm pretty sure we even used those exact words. Lisa and I met at Starbucks. We didn't realize that those days, were good ole days, when we were working there.

     Tonight, I'm thankful for Lisa. And, I'm thankful for, The Office. I'm thankful for everything I've learned from it. I'm thankful that my friend could come visit. I'm thankful we could watch the finale together, and eat popcorn, and laugh, and cry. Thankful for "good ole days." And when you think about it, "good ole days," aren't really hard to come by. It's just recognizing them when you're in them that's the tricky part.

Found this guy today. Just hanging out. 

He decided he didn't like us very much. 




No comments:

Post a Comment