Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 131

     It's fun to be a mother on Mother's Day. Cards, flowers, declarations of love. I spent half of this Mother's Day with my little ones. Just me, Adelyn, and Tobin. Matt had to work today. Even so, he made me feel so special and loved. There were flowers and cards and coupons waiting in the kitchen for me this morning. Coupons for things like, "one trip to Cafe Bonjour, whenever you want, I'll watch the kids." "One date night." "A night off from putting the kids to bed." And some others ;)

     We went to visit Grandma at work this morning. No grandma should spend all of Mother's Day at work,  and go all day without seeing her grandchildren. So we went to visit. Brought her some cards, and a little gift. And a very large white mocha. Grandma's favorite. Adelyn made necklaces for all the mothers in her life. Grandma's necklace was pink, purple, and blue beads. We get to see Grandma again on Tuesday. Addy is very excited. So are we. It has been way too long.

     Spent the later part of the day with my parents, Shane, Patty and AJ, and Casey and Sophia. BBQ chicken, homemade mac and cheese, salad. And, Shane made dessert. Strawberry shortcake topped with vanilla ice cream. Lovely meal. And we discovered something new: Adelyn loves bbq chicken. Addy was very excited to give her gifts to Patty and my mom. Patty's necklace was pink, green, and blue beads. My mom's was red, orange, and yellow. She was very proud. Patty and I got some cute, new sandals. My mom got some cute mugs. It was a sweet day, with sweet gifts, and sweet food, and sweet people that I love to be around.

     Thankful for Mother's Day. Thankful for all the sweet moments today. Thankful for all the love. It was a happy day.



Such a blue sky today. 



SO tired. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment