Thursday, May 23, 2013

I hung my head in shame.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 142

     Eye opening day. As I sat at a little coffee shop this afternoon, fuming over some stupid fight Matt and I got into, I happened upon this heartbreaking post on BuzzFeed.

     I left after I put Tobin down for his nap. I told Matt that I needed some time to myself. I really didn't. I just wanted him to know how mad I was. I was so mad that I was leaving. Not for good, of course. Just for a few hours. As I sat there, looking through those terrible, horrifying, heartbreaking pictures, I began to feel more and more shame. Shame, because all day, every day, somewhere in this scary world, there are people who are hurting. Especially all those poor people in Oklahoma. People who lost everything. Homes, loved ones, pets, memories. Things they can never get back. And there I was, sitting in a coffee shop, upset about something that took about five minutes to work out. I realized when I was sitting there how stupid I had been. How thoughtless. How selfish. I have everything I need and more. And instead of wasting my time, fighting with my husband over petty things, I should be enjoying every second I get to spend with him. And my Adelyn. And my Tobin. And every other person I love. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. And we should live each day with that thought in mind. We should live each day, just, so very thankful.

     Tonight, I am thankful for a great many things. But, most of all, I am thankful for my loved ones. I am thankful that I have them here with me, safe and sound, and sleeping in their beds. I'm thankful that we have the walls of our home all around us. I'm thankful that we are safe. We are together. We have each other to hold, and hug, and kiss. And that's all I really need.

Adelyn did NOT want me taking her picture. She wanted, "a big, high one!" (She was talking about a push.)

Still mad. 

My sweet vampire guy. Still working on his incisors, and not too happy about it. 




How Adelyn dresses for the playground. An Easter dress, and glass slippers. 




   

   

   


No comments:

Post a Comment