Sunday, May 5, 2013

Strawberry Ice Cream and Duck Dynasty and Drives with Patty

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 124

      Had our regular family Sunday, as always. Opa brought a present for Adelyn. A pink fishing pole. We didn't get to use it today, but we will next weekend. I'm super excited to see Addy go fishing for the first time. We had dinner from our favorite little Mexican restaurant. Followed up by some strawberry ice cream. Seriously, if I could only have one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it would be ice cream. It's my favorite. I haven't had ice cream in a long while, so it tasted especially delicious. While we enjoyed our ice cream, we watched Duck Dynasty. It's my Dad's favorite show. At first I thought it was his favorite show because it was about men hunting and fishing. But, after watching it tonight, I think it's his favorite show because it's about family. And that makes me smile. To top off the night, Patty and I went for a drive. Windows down, music blaring, singing at the top of our lungs, drive. We drove to Wegman's, and walked up and down the aisles. Dancing. Dodging strange people. Looking at every little thing that we never have time to examine when we have our kids with us.

     Thankful for my family. They are everything to me. Without them, this life would be meaningless. Thankful for things like strawberry ice cream, and Duck Dynasty, and drives with Patty, and Addy's new pink fishing pole.





No comments:

Post a Comment