Thursday, May 30, 2013

Captain Hook Syndrome.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 149

     My baby. My little, sweet, baby girl, Adelyn...is going to Preschool in the Fall. How is this even possible? What an awesome step for her. And a bittersweet step for me. I'm so excited for all the new experiences she will have, but I'm sad that she won't spend her every waking moment with me. How is it possible that after only three years of life, she is ready to be in school.

     I feel like Captain Hook sometimes. The crocodile constantly chasing after me. Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Time goes so fast, sometimes, that it's menacing. That's why, on days like today, when it was decided that Adelyn will attend Preschool in the Fall, I hug my girl extra long. I read lots and lots of books before bed. We talked extra long before I turned out her light. Because times like these are fleeting.

     Thankful for my beautiful girl. She means more to me than I could ever express. And she has given my life meaning and purpose. Thankful that she will be attending Preschool in the Fall, but I'm so very thankful that Fall is still months away. And for now, my girl is at home with me. And I'm so thankful I get to hang out with two beautiful babes all day long.






No comments:

Post a Comment