Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A pleasant day with Grandma.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 133

     Grandma came to visit today. Adelyn was very excited to see her. As always, when Grandma comes, she brings little gifts. Today, she brought flowers and chocolate for me, for Mother's Day, and she brought flowers for Addy. Just because. I think, "just because flowers", are the best kind of flowers a person can receive. Addy's flowers are sitting in a cup in her art corner. She felt very special to have flowers that were all her own.

     It was a really laid back, relaxing day. We just hung out together. Watched Cinderella. Played outside a bit. Sue and I were able to escape for some girl time. We escaped to, non other than, Cafe Bonjour. And, of course, she loved it. We sat on a big leather couch, and sipped our lattes, and talked. We made burgers on the grill for dinner, later. Put the kids to bed, and talked some more.

     For some reason, tonight, while we were talking, I was reminded of a favorite memory I have with Sue. We were at Universal Studios, at one of the nightclubs on city walk. The Groove, I think it was called. She and I were having the best time dancing. Matt was slumped in a corner, sick, and having flashbacks of his 21st birthday. Just the smell of alcohol made him want to vomit. We left him slumped in the corner, and we danced. We had had a few drinks, and I was feeling pretty invincible, so as a server passed us by on the dance floor with a tray full of jello shots, I slipped my hand under a few, and swiped them for us. I'm not going to lie...it was pretty slick.

     So thankful that Sue lives in Virginia, now. So thankful that she is a part of our lives. Thankful for a nice, relaxing day of hanging out. Thankful for a sweet trip to Cafe Bonjour. Thankful for all the fun memories I have with her. And thankful that she loves Adelyn and Tobin so much. They are blessed to have such a sweet Grandma. Thankful for a most pleasant day.











   

No comments:

Post a Comment