Friday, May 3, 2013

"You've got a friend in me..."

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 122

     So, today, we were singing, "you've got a friend in me," at breakfast. Adelyn and I started singing it for Tobin who was not too happy about being made to wait for his oatmeal and apples. When I finally sat down to feed Tobin, Addy continued to sing. But, she does this thing were she changes the words in songs. For example, instead of singing, "everybody needs a thneed," she sings, "everybody needs a hippo." She thinks it's great fun. Well, today, instead of, "you've got a friend in me," she sang, "you've got a home in me."

    Yep. Got that one right. I never really experienced the feeling of home before I had my children. Now, I feel it all the time. When I hold Tobin...home. When I laugh with Adelyn...home. When we all cuddle in bed together...home.

     Thankful tonight, and every night, for the gifts that are my precious children. They amaze me beyond what words can convey.







No comments:

Post a Comment