Monday, May 13, 2013

These two people deserve more shout-outs.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 132

     Shane    

     Shane took my mom out for Mother's Day. Drove her to the store, and told her to pick out whatever she wanted. He waited, patiently, while she shopped. And then he bought it all for her. Can I just say, Shane is seriously, awesome. And he doesn't get enough shout-outs for the things he does for others. He's going to make some lucky lady very happy one day. Honestly, any man, that will wait patiently for a woman to shop...he's a keeper.

     Thankful for Shane. He's such an awesome guy. And we are so blessed to have him in our lives. He is just really, and truly, a great guy. A great person. Sweet. Amazing with his nieces and nephews. Thankful for Shane. Thankful to be a part of his life. Thankful that he is a part of ours. Thankful that he's the kind of guy that treats his mother good. I think that says a lot about a man. How he treats his mother. So thankful for my brother.

     Gam, my grandmother

     After River passed, my grandmother flew out here from Illinois. That has always meant so much to me. That she would fly out here, and just be with us. Be sad with us. Cook for us. When she got here, she gave me this little angel necklace. I actually keep it in River's memorial case. Whenever I am looking through River's things, I take that necklace out, and study it for a long while. I remember the day my grandmother gave it to me. I remember what she said to me. And when I look through her things now, whenever I see that necklace, I am reminded of my grandmother. And the fact that she flew out to be with me. I am so thankful for her. I am thankful for her kind and caring heart.

     I feel badly that Mother's Day passed me by, and that I didn't get her card to her, or even get a chance to call her. It wasn't intentional, of course, but I just want her to know how much she means to me. How special she is. And I want her to know that the love and kindness she showed me, when I was going through the hardest time of my life, will never be forgotten.

     Thankful for Shane. Thankful for my grandmother. I am so blessed to have such incredible people, and such incredible love in my life.









No comments:

Post a Comment