Friday, May 24, 2013

Warnings

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 143

     I was looking through some old journals tonight, and I came across several cards, notes, and letters from Matt. And in every single one of them was some variation of this warning, "please be careful." "Be safe." It made me smile to read those words from my husband, who was at that time, my boyfriend. It struck me because I'm always the one to hand out warnings like, "drive carefully." "Please, be careful." "Text me when you're home." And I hand them out to everyone. 

     It struck me reading those today because, it never occurred to me then, how very sweet and special those words are when they come from someone you love. I am not tooting my own horn here. My warnings come from a place of fear. I say them because I fear that if I don't say them, something bad will happen. But, when warnings like, "be careful," come from a place of love, they take on a new meaning. A deeper meaning.

     Thankful for my Matt. Thankful that reading his words to me tonight, written so very long ago, made my heart feel warm, and loved, and secure.

Tobin wearing his dinner. I was waiting on Adelyn to finish her dinner, and then it was up for an early bath time. It was that kind of day. So, I decided to let him wear his dinner until bath. Just for kicks. 



When I finished putting lotion on Tobin, I looked over my shoulder into the tub, and saw what Adelyn had been working on. Sorting by colors. I've got a little smarty pants on my hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment