Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Matt braves the rain for us.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 126

     It was my kind of day. Rainy. Cool. A perfect day to stay inside and have a pajama party. And do crafts. Watch some shows. Sleep. It was not, however, the perfect day to work. It was, in fact, the worst day ever to work outside. And that's just what Matt did today. For us. He worked.

     So that I can stay home with our sweet babies, Matt works not one, but two jobs. Two. Jobs. That's how much he loves us. That's how much he cares. Today, Matt was working his second job, which requires him to be outside most of the day. As I stood at the front door this morning, watching the rain pour from the sky, I kept thinking one thing: Matt braves the rain for us. He came home from working 24 hours at the firehouse at 6:30 this morning to change clothes. Out of one uniform, and into another. He left for his second job before we were up. He worked all day in the pouring rain. For us. For me. For Adelyn. For Tobin.

     Words cannot say how deeply I love my husband. Words cannot say how thankful I am for him. Words cannot say how amazing his love for us is. I need new words. Bigger words. More meaningful words. So, while I'm waiting on those words to be thought up, I'll use these:

     Two jobs. For us. That's love. Real, amazing, love. I'm beyond thankful. And beyond blessed.










1 comment:

  1. Addy is looking a bit like Patty! Tobin is just cute!

    ReplyDelete