Monday, May 6, 2013

The two best parts of today.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 125

     1. Eating soup at Patty's house for dinner. She makes the best soups. Tonight's creation was celery leaf, spinach, carrots, celery, and homemade chicken stock. I wanted to eat the whole pot. And it was the perfect thing to warm my soul on this gloomy day. That, and the company of my sister and our children.

     2. Bedtime. I love to watch my children sleep. I stand and watch them for a while sometimes. I watch the way they breathe. I marvel at what intense peace I feel to stand and watch them slumber. Time for sleeping is definitely a very good time of day.

     Thankful for homemade soup. Thankful for Patty. And her children. Thankful that we live so close to each other. I'd be lost without them. Thankful for my children. Thankful for bedtime. Thankful for peaceful slumber.


No comments:

Post a Comment