Sunday, May 19, 2013

Make new friends, but keep the old...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 138

     I was in Brownies when I was a young girl. And we were taught this song about friendship. I don't remember any of it, but this line, "make new friends, but keep the old...one is silver, and the other gold." Funny the things I remember from my childhood...lines from songs, things people said, the way the interior of my dad's truck smelled.

     As I was preparing for a BBQ with friends today, I remembered the song I learned so many years back. And I felt so very blessed and lucky to have such great friends. Friends that don't mind how long it has been since the last phone call. The last visit. The last get together. Friends that stay friends no matter what happens, or how much time has passed, or where you are in life. Those are the best kind of friends to have. The kind that stick with you. The kind you've basically known your whole life. I've made lots of new friends over the years. But, I've kept my old friends. How could I not keep them? I love them.

     Thankful for a fun day. Thankful for laughter, and stories. Thankful for memories remembered, and made. Thankful for new additions to my circle of friends. Thankful for time well spent with people I love.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment