Saturday, May 25, 2013

A picture of warmth.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 144

     Patty and AJ had a wedding to go to tonight. So, Casey and Sophia spent the afternoon and evening with us. As you can guess with four children under the age of 4, things got a bit hectic here and there. Matt and I were very thankful that my parents came to help us.

     Tobin and Sophia were having a hard time falling asleep, so while I took care of miss Sophia, Matt took Tobin to our room to cuddle. When both babies had finally settled down, and as Matt and I were getting our dinner, we talked about this, and it made my heart feel nice and cozy and warm: Matt told me that Tobin was having a hard time calming down at first, but he just laid in bed with him, and rubbed his head. And Tobin somehow made his way right against Matt's chest, and fell asleep in the crook of Matt's arm. With his face right up against Matt.

     Instant warmth. That picture in my head is like instant warmth and comfort to me. Thankful for a memorable night with people I love. Thankful for the extra help from my parents. Thankful for Matt and Tobin cuddled in bed together. I feel like on some cold night, all I would need to do is remember that picture of them, and I would feel instantly warm.

Tobin still cuddled up in our bed. 

Listening to Oma read a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment