Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day! He's at the top of my list of favorite people in this world.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 166

     Father's Day. What a sweet day. When I think of my list of favorite people in this world, my dad is at the top of that list. In my 31 years of life, he has been a constant. He has been a provider. A protector. A cheerer upper. He has been a funnyman. He has been a shoulder to cry on. A chest to cuddle into. Arms to hold me up when I feel myself falling. He'll always be strong. He'll always be young. He'll always be the only one that has ever been able to coax me out into the ocean. I remember floating in the waves with him as a young girl. Secure in his strong arms. The only place I ever felt safe out in the scary sea. It's interesting that in my adult life, I picture myself floating a lot when I'm afraid. Just floating out there, in the big wide open ocean by myself. Alone. It's those times in my adult life when I've pictured myself floating that I've needed to find faith. But, it was those times when I was floating with him as a child, that I learned to trust.

     And he's not just been a father to me, he's taken so many under his wing. He's taught those people how to trust as well. To say, I love him, just isn't big enough. It isn't wide enough. It isn't deep enough. For me, I say, I love you, with lots and lots of words. So, in honor of the man who has been at the top of my favorite people list for as long as I can remember, here are my best and most favorite words I've ever written about him. In fact, out of everything that I've ever written, this is my favorite: http://christensanderson.blogspot.com/2011/12/tale-of-two-bears-or-my-father-hero.html

     Thankful for my father. The hero. The teddy bear. The grizzly. The funnyman. The strongman. The man who taught me how to trust. I will forever love him.













No comments:

Post a Comment