Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Glow of the Sun.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 154

     There are not many times that I am thankful for the sun in the summertime. But, I love the way it casts the warmest, most glowiest glow in my children's rooms. Yes, glowiest. The glow in Adelyn's room is mostly a soft yellow. With hints of green here and there. It is bright, and friendly, and inviting. The glow from Tobin's room is darker. Blue and red. Sometimes, it looks slightly purple or dark magenta. It is cool, and comfy, and kind of sleepy.

     Sometimes, I stand in the middle of the two rooms in the hallway, and just stare into the beautiful glow. I remember when the two rooms were nothing. No color. No glow. No life. And when I remember how lifeless they were, I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and happiness. And joy. And thankfulness. Because now the two rooms are filled with color, and light. And life. Two of the most precious lives I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of.

     Thankful for the way the sun sets a glow into the rooms of my children. Thankful for the life and energy that pours out of those rooms each morning. And the sweet sleep that I have the pleasure of peeking in on every night.




No comments:

Post a Comment